Hohbach-Lewin, Inc. has developed a modular, “solarized” walkway canopy that has been pre-approved by the division of the state architect.
The canopy may be installed with or without the solar panels and has been designed with the following features in mind:
Flexibility: modular canopies may be “strung” together linearly indefinitely and/or may make any permutation of path of travel virtually without limit; canopies may also be configured as to create gable roofs, a 60 degree range of roof pitches may be specified.
Aesthetics: not your grandfather’s modular solar canopy – single offset column design allows for creation of canopy configurations that do not rely on a forest of columns.
Portability: the canopies rely on no field welding – bolted configuration allows for the easy re-location and re-use of canopies as the needs may arise.
Affordability: canopy structure design has been optimized to provide the most economical solution every time – alternate foundations designs are provided for varying site conditions.
Click on each link to have the image open in a new window.
- Fixed Modular Unit at Hip or Valley Condition
- Standard Fixed Modular Unit
- Example Modular Canopy Layout Options
- Column Size / Pier Depth – Allowable SLBP of 100 PCF/FT
- Column Size / Pier Depth – Allowable SLBP of 200 PCF/FT
- Column Size / Pier Depth – Allowable SLBP of 300 PCF/FT
- Access Port
- Plan – Detail
- Typical Base Plate Detail
- Typical Section – Fixed Standard Modular Canopy